Apply [Submissions are closed and will reopen on Jan 1, 2018]
The International Business Model Competition is open to all students enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education anywhere in the world. There are two ways to advance to the in-person international competition. Your team can either:
1) Earn an automatic slot by winning an IBMC Qualifier Competition*, or
2) Compete in the At-Large Round and win one of the at-large slots.
*Teams that compete in and do not win an IBMC Qualifier Competition can still compete in the At-Large Round
To apply to the IBMC, fill out and submit the form below. In order to complete the submission form you will need to do the following:
1) Create a 5-8 minute video presentation describing the customer discovery and validation you have been through with your idea and business model. You may use PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi or any other presentation software. The presentation needs to be narrated and saved as a video file. See the "Presentation Video Creation Tools" section of the Preparing Your Submission page for help doing this. We also strongly encourage you to check out the submission example videos on that same page.
2) Upload your video to YouTube (if you want to keep your video hidden mark it as "unlisted" NOT "private," only someone logged into your account can watch your videos marked private).
3) Indicate that your team understands and agrees to the items outlined in the Certifications and Agreements Form. This form is also included in the appendix of the Competition Rules and Information Packet.
Important Dates - 2018
*The 2017 international competition will be hosted at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California, USA.